Monday, December 10, 2012

Ironies in life

"Isn't it ironic.. dont chiu think?"

According to foreigners, Singapore is one of the most attractive places to work. People from other countries are beating a path to the door to work and live in Singapore.

What Singaporeans have to get used to is being told that a position based in Singapore is better placed by foreigners. Sounds drastic, but it is actually the plain truth. Foreigners are taking jobs not just at the upper echolon of companies but also at the lower rungs and in the middle.

My wish for Singapore policy makers is for them to experience the same rejection in their jobs. Let's import foreign talents to replace civil service and garment positions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love your blog! You should really add a way so people can follow you, because I sure would.

drew said...

Thanks.. I added a follow me gadget.. sorry not a power blogger, didnt know it existed!